Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Stills - Pandora Giveth, and I Receiveth

Up late, and was flying back through some old Pandora bookmarked selections and came across a group I know not too much about, but have a pretty serious interest in a couple of their songs.

If you haven't heard of "The Stills", then I would suggest you check them out, or at least part of them...  I had one song bookmarked in Pandora, and decided to check out the rest of the album Oceans Will Rise, turns out there are a couple little gems on there, and on the overall they play some pretty solid rock and roll.

They are a Canadian born band who used to tour with The Rapture, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Interpol, and I have never seen them live so I have no idea of whether that is something worth going out to see. For the time being though according to their website they aren't really doing much of anything except getting the band back in order.  So who knows if they ever get back out there.  In the mean time, check a couple of these out, as I think they are pretty good songs, iPod worthy at the very least.

-Panic-
I think the most solid song on the album.  I like how it has this sort of ethereal sound to it, makes me think of a sunny day even though the word of choice here is "Panic."  Not sure what the screaming action is about in the interlude, but I LOVE the key-switch back after it, quite smooth. Enjoy!





-Snow in California-
Just an incredibly solid song... thats all there is to it.  I really dig the vocals and harmonization on this one. See for yourself :)




As I stated earlier, it isn't that the rest of the album is a throw away.  I just think these are the two hidden gems in there, but all in all I think they are/were a pretty solid band.  They haven't made a record for 2+ years, so I guess well just have to see how things shake out.

Best.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment