Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stateless - England Does It Again

Stateless is a band that I came across randomly, and I think it was through Pandora if my memory serves me correctly.  They are a band based out of Leeds, England who are primarily influenced by Radiohead and DJ Shadow.  I think when you hear Exit, you will understand exactly how those two things go together.  Now granted, I don't really like all of their songs, but they do have some really solid stuff interspersed with the rest.

Now bear with me here... Am I crazy, or do a lot of really great bands come from the UK?  What sort of tragic event occurred that allows for such deep creative genius?  Now I know that great music is everywhere, it just seems that every time I turn around I am hearing about some other awesome British band.  That is of course completely OK with me, I am just wondering how the pattern is so consistent.  Anyhow, I think you will really enjoy these three songs off of their self-titled album from a while ago.

STATELESS


-Exit-
This is by far my favorite song they have.  It is exactly as previously described... the lovechild between Radiohead and DJ Shadow.  It is an incredibly engaging and interesting tune, and one that I find gives me goosebumps at some times if turned up loud enough.  I think you will all really like this one :)




-Bloodstream-
This is a somewhat creepy love-song, but one that I think is pretty well done.  It is a mellow piano tune with some hip-hop overlays.  I don't really think the lead singer is that naturally talented in the vocal department, and you will get more of a taste of that on the next song (no offense to him!).  It is just that he seems to have a fairly weak ear for tone, which is common, and for some reason not that big of a deal in this case.  Hope you like!




-Prism #1-
Pretty damn good song.  Some vocal issues like I mentioned earlier in this one, but all in all I don't think it hurts the overall.  I really like the drum track on this, its unique and very tight.  Enjoy!!




Hope you enjoy, and leave feedback as always!!

Thanks,

-CS




No comments:

Post a Comment