Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Friendly Fires - Go Ahead, Jump in the Pool

So obviously my content flow to this blog has slowed down a little bit, and that is something that I intend to remedy here as much as I can, time willing.  I have been working very hard on my first full-length, full-fledged song.  It is called "State-fantry", and it ..... is not done yet :)  So unfortunately for those that are interested, it still has a lot of work to go through before I feel like it should be released.  I am 100% in love with the hook, and not so much with the some other aspects of it.  Fear not though, it will be out for your listening pleasure (or disgust) soon enough.  I am planning on putting together, not just one album, but a few.  That is of course the plan for now, and plans of course are subject to change.

FRIENDLY FIRES

This is a band that I came across through Pandora one day, and I was really taken by their song Jump in the Pool.  It was one of those songs that was unique and had some really strong harmonies in there that were just too catchy to give up.  They are listed as an Alt/Dance group, which is fine, as they have a pretty upbeat time-signature on their stuff.  They have a gritty vinyl-type sound to them on their music which I think compliments their work, considering the sound they are going for.  Oh, and guess what... they are Brits!  England... love it.






-Jump in the Pool-
I love... this... song...  It has this feel good tempo going on, and then it goes right into a really beautiful harmony that is really very ethereal.  I think its the strongest song they have, and its one that I would give a full listen to.  It is a solid... solid... track.




-Kiss of Life-
Good tune, lots of energy, and some really cool key switches/harmonies.




-Skeleton Boy-
Really cool tune, and a cool video to boot.  I dig the synth on this tune, and the chorus is really freaking amazing.

UPDATE:  Ok.... I'm sorry... this song is ridiculously good... LISTEN TO IT.  It is actually the (7" Single) version of the song, so you will not find this same version on their main album Friendly Fires.




Hope you enjoy these guys, because I know I do.  I will have some more originals up soon, no worries!

As always, comments and suggestions are fully welcomed!

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment