Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dinka - Get out your glow sticks...

Blogger was down for a couple days when I would have been able to write, so instead I bring this "review" to you on a Saturday before heading out the door.

Once again, be forewarned, as this is a total trance review.  If you don't think you like trance, or just plain don't, you might still want to check this lady out.  Her name is Dinka, and she is originally from Switzerland; Lucern to be exact.  Her work has been featured on Trance Around the World a couple of times, and she sometimes gets the guest mix in there as well.  I just remember being really enamored with her first guest mix that I had heard, and though it is repetitive (like all trance) it has some really sweet samples in there that I think are very catchy.

I haven't quite figured out whether it is just her on the tracks, or whether she has other artists in there mixing with her.  It seems that every single song that she does is given credits to someone other than her.  So I don't really know what to make of it.

I like to think of trance as a modern day electronic symphony lacking any major instrument other than keys/synth, midi controllers, and drum pads.







-Zero Altitude-
This is one of the songs I went straight to after hearing her guest mix, and though it takes a little while to lift off, it has some really laid back and calming melodies in there.




-Scarlet-
Scarlet is another great tune that Dinka brings to the trance table, and it too takes a second to get off the ground.  I think you will find that with most trance, but you will catch some harmonization and melodic genius in there as well.




-Don't Deal With Justice-
This is one of the tracks from her guest mix on TATW, and one of my favorites.  There is something about the old-school law talk in the background.




-Civilisation-
This is another good track on the Youtubes, and one that once again takes a second to get into a really nice rhythm.




For all your folks that sometimes dabble into trance, hope you liked.  For those that don't like trance, sorry for a post that doesn't suit your fancy.

On another note, I have pretty much stripped the chorus out of my first song, and will be re-doing the vocal tracks for a 3rd time.  I don't know when it will be ready for the public, and its taking longer than I had thought, but I really had a good thing going.  It just wasn't 100% complete, so hence the re-tracing of my footsteps on the chorus.

I will keep you updated in case anyone was wondering about that :)

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment