Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Santigold, Bombay Bicycle Club, Death Cab For Cutie - Quick Hits For A Glorious Tuesday

I wanted to post a couple alt-rock songs that I have had the pleasure of hearing a few times over the radio.  Some really solid stuff.  Check em out below!

SANTIGOLD - DISPARATE YOUTH





Have to say I kind of dig the hip-hop-ish beat, and the musical composition is clever and upbeat.  Interesting music video too.  Hope you dig.


BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB - SHUFFLE





Big fan of this tune.  I like the harmonization between the vocals and the piano piece during the chorus.  Total jam..


DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE - UNDERNEATH THE SYCAMORE





Nice laid-back tune with some nice chorus work.  It's a very simple composition, but I still think its a good song to play on the way to work or something.

Actually saw these guys live, and they put on a really solid show... not sure I had really listened to much of their work previous to seeing them live.  Though I was inexorably aware of 'The Postal Service', and had of course heard some Death Cab songs.






Enjoy.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment