Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quick Hits - A couple soothing tunes for the people

I went searching back into the annals of my Pandora history to pick up a tune that I had long forgotten about.  I was looking for a couple nice and easy links for all you good people out there (all seven of you).  I remember hearing Emancipator one day, and then trying desperately to find the song 'Wolf Drawn', luckily it showed up on the Youtubes, and for that reason I can bring it to you now.  I was unable to find it anywhere else with the exception of purchasing the album.

Wolf Drawn is this incredibly dreamy track with a really nice guitar riff layer that I grew quite fond of immediately.  There aren't any vocals (shocker, I know), but there are a lot of cool and interesting sounds going on in there.  I think of it as a sweet jam for when you are doing something that requires some concentration.  I am currently writing this while listening to it... so there ya go.

Before I go on dragging this out too much, I haven't really heard that much of Emancipator, but my guess is that they have some really quality downtempo stuff.  I will of course check back in with some more quality finds if I get a hold of them.  For now, without further ado...

EMANCIPATOR - WOLF DRAWN






The other tune I wanted to throw up here was from the soundtrack of Solaris, which was written and produced by Cliff Martinez.  I am absolutely stunned by how beautiful this track is, especially around the 1:10 mark.  If you have not seen the movie Solaris, I would of course suggest you do.  I am captivated by the bell sound that he somehow created for this piece, and he creates some really interesting wind-chime-like sounds as well that compliment the bells.  I think this is probably one of the most beautiful soundtrack pieces I have heard in a long time, and it really does an incredible job of capturing the emotional context of Solaris.  I am also obsessed with the harmonies that are created between all the aforementioned sounds, the strings quartet and the bass track. I am actually going to be trying to "remix" this in some capacity, as I am... like I said... obsessed with it.  Give it a listen!

CLIFF MARTINEZ - FIRST SLEEP




Just a quick couple pieces I wanted to throw your way.  You never know where musical inspiration can come from.  I have learned to try and hear as much stuff as I can to try and hone what I would like my sound to be. Of course the best way to find your sound, is to just do it.. and I hope to ramp that back up here and get some more work on Statefantry done.

Hope you liked.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment