Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

John O'Callaghan, Marcus Schossow, Luminary, The Thrillseekers, Kaskade & Deadmau5, Hybrid, iiO - No worries, I surrendered my "man-card" at the door..

Warning: This post contains incredibly non-masculine music, but there is no doubt it is beautiful work.... 


Ok... so now that we have that out of the way....  For some reason, I am a big fan of female vocals laid over some form of house/trance/electronic whatever, and I think you can best describe the root of that coming from Imogen Heap.  It is just something that has always been able to send a chill down my spine..  I am of course completely aware that this music does not coincide with my incredible manliness which I display with my each and every action on a daily basis... BUT I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet on this one, and throw some tracks out there for some folks that MIGHT also like this type of music.  I would go so far as to say that only a man who is comfortable in his manliness can afford to admit his fondness for such music. haha

Well start with John O'Callaghan.  I am pretty sure this track was handed to me by someone else, who I won't name in order to preserve their manliness as well.  I have heard some of the other mixes of this tune, and they are... not good.  Why send an amateur when you can send Marcus Schossow.  The guy is a remix genius.  So naturally he put together a remix of John O'Callaghan's track Take it all Away.  You will have to of course excuse the first minute or so of it, because for some reason when you do a remix there is some unwritten law that you have to inject 10 minutes of some asinine repetitive drum beat.  Lame.  If you would like to skip through all that crap... might I suggest the 2:00 mark, where the song starts getting into the meat of it.

JOHN O'CALLAGHAN (MARCUS SCHOSSOW REMIX) - TAKE IT ALL AWAY





Speaking of Marcus Schossow, how could we forget his Progressia (Sommar) track.  This thing has a truly incredible beat, and he does some really interesting things that I just love having come straight through my ear-buds.  I remember spending quite a bit of time listening to this on the treadmill.  For some reason it makes me want to go running?

MARCUS SCHOSSOW - PROGRESIA - SOMMAR



Nasty....

Luminary is another one of those female vocals groups that makes me want to turn up the volume.  Their track Amsterdam is the only one I have heard of theirs, but it really is a beautiful piece of work.  Of course you have to get passed the trance aspects of it, and pay attention to how smoothly it is produced.  Some of the sonic combinations are really impressive.  Again, the first two minutes are ALMOST a complete throw-away.

LUMINARY - AMSTERDAM





The Thrillseekers are a relatively well known group.  They have done quite a few famous remixes, but nothing really compares to their work on Waiting Here for You.  This is again a female vocals jam, and though this isn't one of the better ones I have ever heard, it was good enough for me to download it at one point in time.  I am a big fan of the almost ghostly electric guitar layer they throw in there.  When its coupled with the percussion-like baseline, it sounds pretty tight.

THE THRILLSEEKERS - WAITING HERE FOR YOU (FEAT. ARUNA)





So let's see here, what's next... Oh yes.. Kaskade and Deadmau5.  You have probably heard of both, but you are more likely to have heard of Deadmau5.  The guy is a genius, and I have heard his shows are bad... and by bad I mean bad ass, Michael Jackson BAD.  He teamed up with Kaskade to bring a couple sweet female vocals remixes to the forefront.  These are both pretty well known "club beats", but then again we don't really hear this kind of stuff in the states.  And don't get me wrong ladies and gentlemen... I love me some Waka Flocka Flame..  Again, please pardon the first 2 minutes...

KASKADE & DEADMAU5 - I REMEMBER





KASKADE & DEADMAU5 - MOVE FOR ME




Video number two is very strange, but has some babes...

And here we have Hybrid.  These guys are VERY well known in the trance world, and I think are responsible for my first entree into this type of music.  They had a pretty neat little ditty in Blackout (Y4K Edit).  That tune takes a very long time to take off, but when it finally does, it is worth hearing.  Some of the harmonies and dark and dirty baselines are just too good to miss.  Again, this music isn't for everyone, but this is a sick song in the classical trance sense.  The 5:00 mark is the place to be on this tune, and you just catch the last half of it from there.  It has incredible harmonies, and whoever is singing has a really beautiful voice.  7:15 is where it really shines.

HYBRID - BLACKOUT (Y4K Edit)





Last but not least we have iiO, who was best known for their release of Rapture.  But in this case we are going to look at a little track called Runaway.  This song just has a pretty interesting baseline, and for some reason I really like their lead singers voice.  She has a really smooth quality to her.  I like that it is kind of dark, and I love the overlays during the chorus.  Pretty nice song if you ask me.

iiO - RUNAWAY (ORIGINAL SERENITY MIX)





Hope you enjoyed some of that.  I don't know what it is that gets me about this type of stuff, but I can't help but seek it out with some regularity.

Now can I have my man-card back?.... Please???

Thanks for stopping in.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment