Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quick Hits - Sweet Nectar..

Whoa.. he's alive?  Yes, I am actually alive...  I apologize for the extended absence, and lack of content in the last few weeks, along with the whole last few months.  Can't say that it will change too drastically in the near future, but in the same right, I would love to be able to get back to a post or two a week, and also get back to making some tunes.

Anyhow, I was perusing Pandora the other day, and came across quite the little gem.

SUB SWARA - NECTAR (Feat. KENDRA FOSTER)



Lots of electronic influences obviously on this track, but I absolutely love the vocals.  This Kendra Foster has quite the sultry voice, and one that really shines when mixed to sound like it is coming out of a 1920's radio.  I think there might be a few too many "-ation" rhymes, but oh well.  I also love the deep bass beats, and guitar work over top.

Sub Swara is a definite drum and bass electronic group, but they do spend some time working with analog instrumentation to compliment their digital compilations.  I am incredibly fond of this song, and would like to hear another like it at some point, but have not yet looked into Sub's catalog of other songs.  But if I find something else this tight, I will of course post it.

Thanks for checking it out.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment