Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Quick Hits - Pogo, Owsey/Stumbleine/Shura, Last Days, Last Night Flavor, Coolbalance

Been spending some quality time on Turntable.fm this week, and ran across some really nice stuff.  You will notice that some of it can be somewhat repetitive, but overall I think the sonic quality is a bit hard to pass on sharing.  I found all of this on the Ambient/Trip-Hop channel that they have on Turntable, and there is actually one guy who consistently plays things that are worth listening to.  So kudos to him.

On another note, I put in some quality time on one of my two songs I have been working on, and am starting to make some slight progress.  Still learning Ableton as I go along, and reading as much as I can when I have a moment.  Needless to say, some things are sort of starting to come together.

Let's hear some tunes..

POGO - BLOOM (DISNEY REMIX)

You might want to pay attention to the Youtube video on this one, as it is absolutely amazing.  I have no idea if that is actually how the song was mixed, but it appears that it was made with little samples of all our favorite childhood disney movies and then matched visually.  I was pretty impressed by how well it was put together, and I had to share it.  It's very cool.





OWSEY, STUMBLEINE, & SHURA - YOU CAME OUT OF NOWHERE

This song is gorgeous.  There really isn't much else to say about it.  You won't be out there dancing around to it, but if you are contemplating the meaning of life, put this one on.  I really like the mix on this track, and the vocals.  It is repetitive, but the harmonization in there is just 'magnifique.'  Absolutely mesmerizing song, and I like the little painting in the video.





LAST DAYS - YOUR BIRDS (SEA)

Very chill song.  Kind of reminded me of the same sort of style that you might hear when listening to 'Explosions in the Sky'.  I know a lot of people like that band, and I too enjoy some of their work.  I think I like them more just because I associate them with 'Friday Night Lights' (great show btw).  I don't think it's an incredible song, but there is some interesting stuff going on in there, and the dark and ambient elements you hear in there can be pretty though provoking.





LAST NIGHT FLAVOR - LOST IN TIME

This is more of a remix between a couple tunes that are in the 'my favorites' category.  There is some Thomas Newman mixed in with Reflekt, but at an incredibly chill tempo.  It's an interesting track, but not one that I would listen to to get pumped up.  It has a nice deep, rich and dark sound, and anything that uses Newman is a good idea.





COOLBALANCE - AGAIN, SHE'S HAUNTED

Again a deep and dark chilled track, but I love it.  If you are feeling pensive, give it a listen.  I feel like ambient or chill music can really help me get work done, as it isn't invasive.  Sort of the modern day symphony, but obviously made with a computer.





Hope you enjoyed some of the tracks here, and as always feel free to leave any feedback.

Cheers,

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment